Sunday, June 2, 2013

Day 6 June 1st 2013

Today was day 6 of Insanity and the last day of week 1! I can't believe that I have already made it through a week of this...haha only 7 more to go! Today was a repeat of day 2 as far as the videos go. So this cycle will repeat for the rest of this month, with the occasional Cardio Abs dvd. That is a knock on this program from some people that the repetition gets old and boring because you learn the moves and then lose motivation. I have found however that learning the moves gives me more motivation because I know what I am doing, and then I can have a goal to work towards. For instance, I want to be able to complete the warm up without stopping. So now I have a goal set and have to go achieve it. I think this makes Insanity very motivating. I guess you can't please everyone...Todays workout went very well and I feel as though I challenged myself the most today. I burned 622 calories according to my heart rate monitor. That is a pretty good burn for 45 minutes or so, and I feel like I am getting a lot out of it. Also remembered to take pictures today...doesn't seem to be much of a change but I do notice that my stomach is starting to get a bit more defined. You may not notice it, but I do since I have seen my gut for the last 2 years. I really feel like my cardio endurance is starting to grow. Positive signs that this program is at least increasing my endurance and stamina. Tomorrow is a rest day, a much appreciated one. As I mentioned earlier many gains happen on your recovery day. Monday will be the next time I measure myself and see if any inches have come off. I have hovered right around losing 3lbs this week and am satisfied. So my thoughts after week 1? I love this program. I think a lot of it has to do with my athletic background and competitive spirit. Many of these exercises bring me back to my days conditioning for sports in high school. I strongly recommend people try this workout, yes it is INSANE but it has been a very good tool so far....hopefully we will see results soon! If you are reading this, don't be afraid to comment, I want to hear from people who are going through this program, have graduated, or are on the fence about joining. Enjoy!

Here is also a good article on Rest and Recovery








Weight 239.4
Body Fat 31.1%





No comments:

Post a Comment