Saturday, June 1, 2013

Day 1 May 27th 2013

(Insanity Infomercial) 




Today I started my Insanity Journey to a new and better body.  If you don't know what that is, there is the infomercial at the top of the page! I am really excited to try this and I think that it will not only be a body change, but give me the motivation for a lifestyle change. I am tired of being overweight and unhealthy. I have always been athletic but in recent years have stopped working out and eating healthy. I basically enjoyed eating whatever I wanted for years and now I am paying the price for it. But that ends today as I am going to commit to 60 days of Insanity, a complete and healthy nutrition plan, and getting a full 7-8 hours of sleep. I want people to find this blog that are really looking for an honest take on the Insanity program. I am not a Beachbody coach or trainer, you won't find any links to them on here or anything like that.  If you want the DVDS you know where to go to find them. I recommend that you get them from the actual site just because I have read a lot of reviews of pirated copies from Amazon that do not work properly. All that aside, I am just a guy who decided it was time to get in shape. I didn't even buy the DVDS, my aunt has them and lent them to me. I made my own Insanity Calendar because I didn't have the one that came with the program, and I printed the Fit Test work sheet off of a website. I am going to be monitoring my daily weight and body fat % as well as taking weekly measurements of my chest, waist, and hips. I know that the program says to measure biceps, calves, and glutes but I honestly don't care about those measurements. So if you are looking for an honest take on Insanity...this is the place.


I am not proud of these in the least but I wanted people to get a real take on this.

Starting Weight - 242lbs
Starting Body Fat % - 33%
Starting Chest Measurement - 46 3/4 inches
Starting Waist Measurement - 48 1/4 inches
Starting Hip Measurement - 47 inches



I took the Fit Test today and let me tell you the warmup kicked my ass. The Fit Test just iced the cake.
Here are my numbers from the Fit Test
Switch Kicks (2 Kicks = 1 rep) - 112/56
Power Jacks - 31
Power Knees - 41
Power Jumps - 20
Globe Jumps (4 Jumps = 1 rep) - 7
Suicide Jumps/Burpees - 12
Push-Up Jacks - 21
Low Plank Oblique - 32

Let's just say the Fit Test is pretty difficult and my body was in shock. 
I promise tomorrow less videos :)

Also check this guy out, he has been super motivating to me

Google Plus - +philosofitness . 
Twitter - philosoFitness

No comments:

Post a Comment